Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formulas that return different drop down lists

I have a spreadsheet that I will be using as a data submission form that I
will send out to my suppliers, and they will send back to me once they have
filled it out. I have been using data validation dropdown lists on this
spreadsheet in certain cells to ensure that my suppliers submit valid values.
This is kind of how I have my form set up: in cell A1, I ask the supplier to
submit an account number and I use data validation to ensure the the account
is valid. In A1, the valid accounts include 2 seperate set of accounts,
"Balance Sheet" accounts and "Income Statement" accounts. In cell B1, I ask
for sub accounts, and there are 2 sets of sub accounts, one the are valid for
"balance sheet" accounts and the other for "income statement" accounts. I am
trying to make it so that if you selected a "Balance Sheet" account in cell
A1, you have to select a balance sheet subaccount in cell B1 and if you
selected an "Income Statement" account in A1 you have to select a income
statement subaccount in B1 using drop down lists. Does anyone know of a
conditional formula combined with data validation that might work for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

great, thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

see: