Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Dependant cell tracking

I have a workbook that has several worksheets. Some of the formulas on one
worksheet are dependant on the cell contents of another worksheet. I tried
using the "Trace Dependants" function and it shows arrows to the dependant
cells on the same worksheet but gives a dotted line arrow indicating cells on
another worksheet are dependant. How do I find the cells on the other
worksheet that are the dependant cells? Once I go to the other worksheet the
tracing seems to get lost.

Unfortunately I inherited this workbook and am trying to trace an apparent
error. The file originator has left the company and the documentation is
minimal.

Is there any way to track dependant cells between worksheets?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you get the dotted arrow that shows the dependence, move your
mouse point over the dotted line (it will change the pointer to the
arrow pointer) and double-click. That will bring up the Go To dialog
and indicate the dependent cell(s), so that you can select one and
click OK to go there.