Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Detect Duplicates

I have a list of values in B11 down to B97. The values are either numbers or
text, but there are no empty cells in the list. Is there a formula that will
give me 0 if all the values are unique and give me 1 if any of the values are
duplicated?

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
jake
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

yup...arrange the column is ascending/descending order..
then in column C, apply this formula
=B11=B12..... Drag this to the entire column.. if two subsequent rows are
the same, it returns -true, else if all are unique, it would return false

"Jakobshavn Isbrae" wrote:

I have a list of values in B11 down to B97. The values are either numbers or
text, but there are no empty cells in the list. Is there a formula that will
give me 0 if all the values are unique and give me 1 if any of the values are
duplicated?

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
jake

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Try this, array-entered (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula):
=IF(MAX(COUNTIF(B11:B97,B11:B97))1,1,0)
--
Max
Singapore
"Jakobshavn Isbrae" wrote:
I have a list of values in B11 down to B97. The values are either numbers or
text, but there are no empty cells in the list. Is there a formula that will
give me 0 if all the values are unique and give me 1 if any of the values are
duplicated?

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
jake

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is a great resource that may give you more ideas about working with
dupes in Excel:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Jakobshavn Isbrae" wrote:
I have a list of values in B11 down to B97. The values are either numbers or
text, but there are no empty cells in the list. Is there a formula that will
give me 0 if all the values are unique and give me 1 if any of the values are
duplicated?

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
jake