Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default detect cells with links

How can I detect on an excel workbook which cell have links(formula =) to
other workbooks without have to put my cursor on top of each linked cell. I
have had a hard time finding this cells. I can see the links by choosing Edit
then links, and excel will display list of links, but it does not specify
which cells contain those links

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, and it will show me the linked workbook only if I place my cursor on the
appropriate cell, on the cell that has the link with that workbook, if I do
not place myself on the corresponding cell, I have not found I way to detect
which cells contain such type of linkage

"Hugh Hoffman" wrote:

How can I detect on an excel workbook which cell have links(formula =) to
other workbooks without have to put my cursor on top of each linked cell. I
have had a hard time finding this cells. I can see the links by choosing Edit
then links, and excel will display list of links, but it does not specify
which cells contain those links

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use Bill Manville's free FINDLINK addin

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Hugh Hoffman" <Hugh wrote in message
How can I detect on an excel workbook which cell have links(formula =) to
other workbooks without have to put my cursor on top of each linked cell.
have had a hard time finding this cells. I can see the links by choosing
Edit
then links, and excel will display list of links, but it does not specify
which cells contain those links

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you so much MASTER

------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------
------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------

"Hugh Hoffman" <Hugh wrote in message
How can I detect on an excel workbook which cell have links(formula =) to
other workbooks without have to put my cursor on top of each linked cell.
have had a hard time finding this cells. I can see the links by choosing
Edit
then links, and excel will display list of links, but it does not specify
which cells contain those links

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

LOL - You're very welcome :-)

"Hugh Hoffman" wrote in message