Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell reference in a formula using 2 worksheets

Need help in getting formula in a seperate worksheet same workbook to stay
the same when I change the master work sheet.

Example

'yearly data'!N5 cell changes to 'yearly data'!N6 when I insert a line in
the master work sheet 'yearly data' I want the "'yearly data'!N5" to be
permanant no matter how many lines I insert into the "Yearly Data" worksheet.

Please advise.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you mean that the reference in a link/formula changes and you don't want
it to change:

=INDIRECT("'yearly data'!N5")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Oxpictas" wrote in message
Need help in getting formula in a seperate worksheet same workbook to stay
the same when I change the master work sheet.

Example

'yearly data'!N5 cell changes to 'yearly data'!N6 when I insert a line in
the master work sheet 'yearly data' I want the "'yearly data'!N5" to be
permanant no matter how many lines I insert into the "Yearly Data"
worksheet.

Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=INDIRECT("'yearly data'!N5")

Peo Sjoblom

"Oxpictas" wrote in message
Need help in getting formula in a seperate worksheet same workbook to stay
the same when I change the master work sheet.

Example

'yearly data'!N5 cell changes to 'yearly data'!N6 when I insert a line in
the master work sheet 'yearly data' I want the "'yearly data'!N5" to be
permanant no matter how many lines I insert into the "Yearly Data"
worksheet.

Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think I understand it to mean I will need to put =INDIRECT
in every cell I want to stay without changing.

Yes, that's correct.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP