Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default cell reference in a formula using 2 worksheets

I think I understand it to mean I will need to put =INDIRECT
in every cell I want to stay without changing.

Yes, that's correct.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Oxpictas" wrote in message

Thank you, I think I understand it to mean I will need to put =INDIRECT in
every cell I want to stay without changing.

"T. Valko" wrote:

If you mean that the reference in a link/formula changes and you don't
want
it to change:

=INDIRECT("'yearly data'!N5")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Oxpictas" wrote in message
Need help in getting formula in a seperate worksheet same workbook to
stay
the same when I change the master work sheet.

Example

'yearly data'!N5 cell changes to 'yearly data'!N6 when I insert a line
in
the master work sheet 'yearly data' I want the "'yearly data'!N5" to be
permanant no matter how many lines I insert into the "Yearly Data"
worksheet.

Please advise.