Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default eliminating duplicate lines

Hi.
I have a spreadsheet of all my purchases. Each row is a separate purchase
and has the vendor name and other info. I would like to create a list that
shows each vendor name only once. I am not interested in the other data, just
a list of each vendor name. In effect, if I have 10 rows of purchases from
vendor abc and 5 from vendor 123, I want an alphabetical list that shows
vendors 123 and abc only once.
Any ideas?
Thanks
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Two ways:

Use an advanced filter. Debra Dalgleish explains how clearly on her
excellent Contextures site:
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

Or, select all the data and create a pivot table with vendor as the row
field (you only have to go that far in creating it to get a unique vendor
list). After you finish creating the table, copy & paste it in place as
values.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"JohnnyJomp" wrote:

Hi.
I have a spreadsheet of all my purchases. Each row is a separate purchase
and has the vendor name and other info. I would like to create a list that
shows each vendor name only once. I am not interested in the other data, just
a list of each vendor name. In effect, if I have 10 rows of purchases from
vendor abc and 5 from vendor 123, I want an alphabetical list that shows
vendors 123 and abc only once.
Any ideas?
Thanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select your listgo to DataFilterAdvanced Filtercheck Copy to another
locationcheck Unique records onlyin Copy to boxtype the cell address
where you want the list...say...D1Ok

"JohnnyJomp" wrote in message
Hi.
I have a spreadsheet of all my purchases. Each row is a separate purchase
and has the vendor name and other info. I would like to create a list that
shows each vendor name only once. I am not interested in the other data,
just
a list of each vendor name. In effect, if I have 10 rows of purchases from
vendor abc and 5 from vendor 123, I want an alphabetical list that shows
vendors 123 and abc only once.
Any ideas?
Thanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

Or: My UDF lfreq
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/listfreq.html

Regards,
Bernd

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJomp View Post
Hi.
I have a spreadsheet of all my purchases. Each row is a separate purchase
and has the vendor name and other info. I would like to create a list that
shows each vendor name only once. I am not interested in the other data, just a list of each vendor name. In effect, if I have 10 rows of purchases from vendor abc and 5 from vendor 123, I want an alphabetical list that shows vendors 123 and abc only once.
Any ideas?
Thanks
John
Hello John, check this out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip John.zip (20.7 KB, 114 views)