Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need help to create a complicated formula.

HELP! I have been working on this formula for 2 days. Is there any help out
there!?
I have a huge database of employees names, dates and hours charged to
possibly 1-5 different account.
NAME date reg sick annual category

Name 1 Oct 1 40 2 8
340
Name 1 Oct 1 8 0 0
320
Name 1 Dec 1 40 0 0
320

I need to calculate the total of hours for a given date by category (the
example above is 50 hrs for category 340 and 8 hours for category 320 for Oct
1);
Then, I need to find out what % each category is of the total hours (the
example above is Category 340 is 86% and Category 320 is 14%);
Then I need to find out 86% of €śreg€ť, €śsick€ť and €śannual€ť and bill that to
the 340 category
And 14% of €śreg€ť, €śsick€ť and €śannual€ť and bill that to the 320 category.

So that I have a true spread of hours against each category €“ there is 10
possible categories.

I have tried SUMIFs and continue to get FALSE AND NUM errors. Is there
anyone out there that can help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Consider using a Pivot Table. It can calculate sums by various catagories.
See:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200779

"Gwynne" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gary's Student, Thank you for your quick response. I do not know how to use
Pivot Tables and because of the appropriate % of load for the various hours
(reg, sick, annual, etc.) that must be spread appropriately to the different
categories, I don't know how the pivot table would solve that. Perhaps I
could send you a sample of the spreadsheet? Possible?

Thanks, g in Albuquerque