Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Complicated Formula

A B
Row 1 Mark Bressler
Row 2 Joe Smith

My data looks like the stuff above and I want to convert it into this:

In other words, I:

add xy. and the first letter of the first name to the last name
add @mark.net to the end of the last name.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the kind words.......I'm glad I could help.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Mark B." wrote:

You're a genius! Thanks a ton.

Mark B.

"Mark B." wrote:

A B
Row 1 Mark Bressler
Row 2 Joe Smith

My data looks like the stuff above and I want to convert it into this:

In other words, I:

add xy. and the first letter of the first name to the last name
add @mark.net to the end of the last name.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello and happy New Year to you.

I need big time help increating what I feel is a simple Macro....I need to
figure out an overall shoot percentage of my bb players. What I currently
have is a command button that calculates or adds 1 to a column for a 2-point
shot attempt and another button that calculates or adds 2 each time a 2 point
shot is made. The same applies for 3 point attempts.; a button that adds 1
each time for atempts and 3 for each 3-point shot made.

I know basic math says to divide the bigger number into the smaller but how
do I do that when I must first divide the 2 point command button by 2 and the
same for the three point command button...hope this makes sense...here's an
example.

C1-13 (attempts) C2-10 (total points which equals 5 made shots)
C3-5 (attempts) C4-3 (points which equals 1 made shot)

How do I make C10 =6/18 ????

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Thanks for the kind words.......I'm glad I could help.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Mark B." wrote:

You're a genius! Thanks a ton.

Mark B.

"Mark B." wrote:

A B
Row 1 Mark Bressler
Row 2 Joe Smith

My data looks like the stuff above and I want to convert it into this:

In other words, I:

add xy. and the first letter of the first name to the last name
add @mark.net to the end of the last name.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

bigfella

No need for a macro.

=(C2/2 + C4/3)/(C1+C3) entered in C10 gives me 6\18 or .333

By the way.............it is better to post your own question rather than tack
on to someone else's post.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Thanks for the kind words.......I'm glad I could help.

Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Mark B." wrote: