Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Problem

Hello,

I have a workbook with two sheets, one detailed, one summary. I'm trying to
sum the numbers entered in K2:Z11 everytime "16" is entered in A2:A11. This
formula keeps returning 16. On the summary sheet 2, I entered the formula
=IF(Sheet1!A2:A11,"16",SUM(Sheet1!K2:Z11)).

Thank you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have a look at the SUMIF function in Excel Help - you are nearly
there.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 9, 4:11*pm, Cissy wrote:
Hello,

I have a workbook with two sheets, one detailed, one summary. *I'm trying to
sum the numbers entered in K2:Z11 everytime "16" is entered in A2:A11. *This
formula keeps returning 16. *On the summary sheet 2, I entered the formula
=IF(Sheet1!A2:A11,"16",SUM(Sheet1!K2:Z11)).

Thank you in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Post the formula you are using, relating it to cells on your sheet.

Pete

On Apr 9, 4:11 pm, Cissy wrote:
Hello,

I have a workbook with two sheets, one detailed, one summary. *I'm trying to
sum the numbers entered in K2:Z11 everytime "16" is entered in A2:A11. *This
formula keeps returning 16. *On the summary sheet 2, I entered the formula
=IF(Sheet1!A2:A11,"16",SUM(Sheet1!K2:Z11)).

Thank you in advance for any help.- Hide quoted text -