Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I hide subcategories in Excel?

I know how to hide rows. I am making a financial spreadsheet and I would
like to create categories where I can click a button and it will open up or
hide the subcategories. I am using Microsoft Excel 2000. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

Select the rows you wish to group, from the menu select 'Data' -
'Group and Outline' - 'Group'. You can also play with the settings in
'Data' - 'Group and Outline' - 'Settings...'. I usually untick the
"summary rows below detail" just as a personal preference. Note that
you can also group within groups up to 8 levels (in xl2003 anyway).

Cheers,
Ivan.