Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default F4 Function Key stopped working

I have a Compaq nc8430 business laptop and installed the drivers for an
ergonomic Microsoft keyboard. Since last week, I no longer able to use any of
the Function keys. I tried several applications and it's the same on all of
them. The porblem is experienced in both, the internal and external keyboard.

I removed the Microsoft keyboard based on a knowledge based articled that
referenced a possible conflict. In addition, I uninstalled the external
keyboard drivers from my computer. However, I'm still not able to get the
function keys to work.

Technical Info: Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2

I really depend on the F4 Function Key for many of my tasks within MS Excel.
Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Go to the HP website
There you will find free email support - I have got about 75% of HP problems
solved within 48 hours
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Javier" wrote in message
I have a Compaq nc8430 business laptop and installed the drivers for an
ergonomic Microsoft keyboard. Since last week, I no longer able to use any
of
the Function keys. I tried several applications and it's the same on all
of
them. The porblem is experienced in both, the internal and external
keyboard.

I removed the Microsoft keyboard based on a knowledge based articled that
referenced a possible conflict. In addition, I uninstalled the external
keyboard drivers from my computer. However, I'm still not able to get the
function keys to work.

Technical Info: Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2

I really depend on the F4 Function Key for many of my tasks within MS
Excel.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried that already and even updated my Bios per HP's recommendation... it
didn't work. I don't think the problem is hardware related. I was just
thinking more of a registry issue.

"Javier" wrote in message
I have a Compaq nc8430 business laptop and installed the drivers for an
ergonomic Microsoft keyboard. Since last week, I no longer able to use any
of
the Function keys. I tried several applications and it's the same on all
of
them. The porblem is experienced in both, the internal and external
keyboard.

I removed the Microsoft keyboard based on a knowledge based articled that
referenced a possible conflict. In addition, I uninstalled the external
keyboard drivers from my computer. However, I'm still not able to get the
function keys to work.

Technical Info: Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2

I really depend on the F4 Function Key for many of my tasks within MS
Excel.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Javier,

Is this a wireless or wired keyboard? It may not matter either way.

I have a wireless ergonomic Microsoft KB & mouse, and each function key has
a separate programable function. But it requiers the F-Lock to be
enabled/disabled in order to use, just like the num lock or caps lock works.
If I remeber correctly, the F-Lock key is in the top right corner of the
keyboard all by its lonesome. On my wireless reciever, there are 3 LED's:
Caps Lock, Num Lock, & F-Lock.

If yours has this F-Lock functionality, try toggling the F-Lock to see if
you can get it to work.

HTH,

Conan