Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Urgent Help

Please can someone help?

I am currently working on a workbook, which has four worksheets in.

I am having difficulty adding two cells together.

The first set of cells is on workbook called Register, the cell that has the
additon in it is

Cell L21 contains =COUNTIF(B21:K21,"Yes").
This returns a value of however many times it has counted "Yes" in that range.
. This cell is formatted as General

I then have another workbook called Additional Hours

I have some cells with numbers in G3:G5, these contain a number which has
been calculated between by first cell - second cell to give the answer in the
third cell, that has been formated to General

I then add up all three cells to give the correct answer in the fourth cell

If the fifth cell, I refer to the Cell L21 from Register, this gives me the
correct
value

I then try and add the fourth cell and the fith cell together, to get an
answer. However ther answer is only the value from the fourth cell and not
the fourth of the fifth.

Please help.

Please reply to this thread or off list to

mark[dot]a[dot]lombardo[at]btinternet[dot]com

Thanks in advance

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Art Art is offline

If in the sheet that calculates the time is with the format of time then it
can't calculate it together with regular numbers. You need to replace for
e.g. 1:00 hour to the number 1 and then calculate as usual. Let me know if
this helps or not.

"mapel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you this has worked, but is there anyway I can calculate using hours
rather than normal numbers.

Regards

Mark

art wrote:
If in the sheet that calculates the time is with the format of time then it
can't calculate it together with regular numbers. You need to replace for
e.g. 1:00 hour to the number 1 and then calculate as usual. Let me know if
this helps or not.

Please can someone help?

[quoted text clipped - 34 lines]

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your COUNTIF formula will return regular numbers. If these represent
hours, then you can convert them into time format by dividing by 24
and formatting the cell as Time or as Custom set to [h]:mm if the
number is likely to exceed 24. Then you can add both times together
and format the result as Time.

Hope this helps.

Pete

art wrote:
If in the sheet that calculates the time is with the format of time then it
can't calculate it together with regular numbers. You need to replace for
e.g. 1:00 hour to the number 1 and then calculate as usual. Let me know if
this helps or not.

Please can someone help?

[quoted text clipped - 34 lines]

Mark- Hide quoted text -