Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default #N/A is showing up throughout worksheet

For some reason the error #N/A is showing up throughout my worksheet. What
is most confusing about this is the formula(s) being used in different cells
is correct. Cells above or below the cell with #N/A are computing correctly.
This just started and I can't seem to find the problem to why this is
happening.

Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It may be that you have one cell with a faulty formula reference and all
other cells with the #N/A error value are being caused by it (i.e. they are
either directly or indirectly pointing back to that cell). You can use the
Formula Auditing toolbar to trace a cell that is the source of the problem.

To do this in Excel 2003, select View-Toolbars-Formula Auditing to pull up
the toolbar. Place the cursor on any one of your #N/A cells and click the
Trace Precedents icon in the toolbar. It will display an arrow pointing to
the cell that is causing #N/A in the current cell. Click on the cell that
the arrow is pointing to and select Trace Precedents again to find the next
earlier cell in the chain. Continue this procedure to trace back to a
source cell (you'll know you've reached it when the Trace Precedents
procedure fails to point to another cell and displays a message).

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
For some reason the error #N/A is showing up throughout my worksheet.
What
is most confusing about this is the formula(s) being used in different
cells
is correct. Cells above or below the cell with #N/A are computing
correctly.
This just started and I can't seem to find the problem to why this is
happening.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks. I traced it back and it shows a cell with #N/A, but the same formula
from that cell is in cells either above or below it and those cells are
working fine.

Cannot find any input errors.

"Norm" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Norm,

OK. After further tracing this problem, the #N/A stemmed from another
worksheet that was inserted into the workbook. Someone had given various
cells a general value instead of a number valve. This was causing the #N/A
throughout the report.

Thanks for the guidance.