Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sort column B but keep value in column A with value column B

I need to sort column B from largest to smallest, but I need the value in
column A that is paired to the value in column B to STAY WITH the value in
column B once it gets sorted.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select both Col A and B Data Sort sort by Col B, and click on
'Desending.

Thanks.
--
when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change.

"Madscientist29" wrote:

I need to sort column B from largest to smallest, but I need the value in
column A that is paired to the value in column B to STAY WITH the value in
column B once it gets sorted.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madscientist29 View Post
I need to sort column B from largest to smallest, but I need the value in
column A that is paired to the value in column B to STAY WITH the value in
column B once it gets sorted.
Select the range of values in column B and click the Sort Descending icon in the Toolbar, the Sort Warning dialog box will open; select, "Expand the selection" and click the Sort button. Column A will reference the values in column B accordingly.

Last edited by GoBow777 : March 21st 08 at 08:53 PM