Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I enclose all data values in a column in double quotes?

Need to enclose data values in double quotes in a column using a function.
Any ideas out there?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
If you have your data in B1 use this formula in C1

=CHAR(34) & B1 & CHAR(34)

You can hide column B if you don't want it shown.

Regards,

Per

"ms.kitty" skrev i meddelelsen
Need to enclose data values in double quotes in a column using a function.
Any ideas out there?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would think the best way would be to do a custom format for the cells
however if it has to be a function...
This is an incredibly cheesy way of doing it and undoubtably not the best
solution but it seems to work.

I put " in cell B1 I then used this formula:

=$B$1&A1&$B$1 and copied it down (assuming data starts in A1)