Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Different colum widths for same colum in different areas of worksh

How do I set up different colum widths for the same colums in different areas
on the same worksheet? For example: colum 1, rows 1 through 5 are 20
characters, colum 1 rows 6 through 10 are 10 characters . . .
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you thought about wrapping text on column's cells - then adjust column
to your min characters?

Thanks.

"Paul EWM Aventura" wrote:

How do I set up different colum widths for the same colums in different areas
on the same worksheet? For example: colum 1, rows 1 through 5 are 20
characters, colum 1 rows 6 through 10 are 10 characters . . .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Different colum widths for same colum in different areas of wo

I have an office roster on one worksheet, and branch office contact
information on another work sheet. The two worksheets have very different
colum widths and, as far as I can tell, I cannot not bring the two of them
together on the same worksheet. I have to print each separtly then combine
them manually. I'm looking for a way for both to be on the same worksheet so
they both will appear on the same print out.

"Paul EWM Aventura" wrote:

How do I set up different colum widths for the same colums in different areas
on the same worksheet? For example: colum 1, rows 1 through 5 are 20
characters, colum 1 rows 6 through 10 are 10 characters . . .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You cannot get different column widths for a particular column in a
single sheet.

One approach may be to print your first sheet (assume this occupies
the top half of the page) and then to put the paper back into the
printer and print the second sheet with a very large top margin set so
that it avoids what has already been printed onto that page. You might
have a bit of trial and error first to get it right.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Paul EWM Aventura" wrote:

How do I set up different colum widths for the same colums in different areas
on the same worksheet? *For example: colum 1, rows 1 through 5 are 20
characters, colum 1 rows 6 through 10 are 10 characters . . .- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You cannot.

Row heights and column widths are the properties of the entire row and column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 08:20:01 -0700, Paul EWM Aventura <Paul EWM
wrote:

How do I set up different colum widths for the same colums in different areas
on the same worksheet? For example: colum 1, rows 1 through 5 are 20
characters, colum 1 rows 6 through 10 are 10 characters . . .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gord,

Ihad a feeling that what I was attempting wasn't possible (to bad, would be
a great feature). I did discover, however, that I could creat slides in
Powerpoint, and paste those slide into the spread sheet; of course it took a
bit of work. None the less, thank you for responding.

Paul