Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Average Cells in Multiple Worksheets

I am trying to average cells in multiple worksheets.
Let's say that in:
Sheet1 Cell A1 = 4.40%
Sheet2 Cell A1 = 2.65%
Sheet3 Cell A1 = 3.61%
Sheet4 Cell A1 = 1.59%

What would be the formula to average these percentages?

Thank you, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

if you want the average in the 5th sheet,

Create 2 dummy sheets named Start(Before Sheet1) and End(After Sheet4). In
the cell where you need the average write this formula.

=AVERAGE(Start:End!A1)

Format cell as %age and hide the dummy sheets.

"Karen" wrote in message
I am trying to average cells in multiple worksheets.
Let's say that in:
Sheet1 Cell A1 = 4.40%
Sheet2 Cell A1 = 2.65%
Sheet3 Cell A1 = 3.61%
Sheet4 Cell A1 = 1.59%

What would be the formula to average these percentages?

Thank you, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

WOW! This is amazing! I never knew this one. Although, the person I'm
setting it up for would get confused with this. Do you have an easier method?
I will make a mental note of this one though - Thanks!
Karen

"Karen" wrote in message
I am trying to average cells in multiple worksheets.
Let's say that in:
Sheet1 Cell A1 = 4.40%
Sheet2 Cell A1 = 2.65%
Sheet3 Cell A1 = 3.61%
Sheet4 Cell A1 = 1.59%

What would be the formula to average these percentages?

Thank you, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Easier to understand:

=(Sheet1!A1+Sheet2!A1+Sheet3!A1+Sheet4!A1)/4
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200774

"Karen" wrote in message
I am trying to average cells in multiple worksheets.
Let's say that in:
Sheet1 Cell A1 = 4.40%
Sheet2 Cell A1 = 2.65%
Sheet3 Cell A1 = 3.61%
Sheet4 Cell A1 = 1.59%

What would be the formula to average these percentages?

Thank you, Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Karen,

once you have set it up in the way that Gaurav advised, you can hide
the Start and End sheets so that your user would not know they are
there.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Karen" wrote in message
I am trying to average cells in multiple worksheets.
Let's say that in:
Sheet1 Cell A1 = 4.40%
Sheet2 Cell A1 = 2.65%
Sheet3 Cell A1 = 3.61%
Sheet4 Cell A1 = 1.59%

What would be the formula to average these percentages?

Thank you, Karen- Hide quoted text -