Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gaurav[_2_] Gaurav[_2_] is offline

Default Average Cells in Multiple Worksheets

Easier way is

=AVERAGE(Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!A1,Sheet3!A1,Sheet4!A1)

"Karen" wrote in message
WOW! This is amazing! I never knew this one. Although, the person I'm
setting it up for would get confused with this. Do you have an easier
method?
I will make a mental note of this one though - Thanks!
Karen

"Gaurav" wrote:

if you want the average in the 5th sheet,

Create 2 dummy sheets named Start(Before Sheet1) and End(After Sheet4).
In
the cell where you need the average write this formula.

=AVERAGE(Start:End!A1)

Format cell as %age and hide the dummy sheets.

"Karen" wrote in message
I am trying to average cells in multiple worksheets.
Let's say that in:
Sheet1 Cell A1 = 4.40%
Sheet2 Cell A1 = 2.65%
Sheet3 Cell A1 = 3.61%
Sheet4 Cell A1 = 1.59%

What would be the formula to average these percentages?

Thank you, Karen