Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Value based on multiple conditions

I'm sure this is in the discussion board somewhere already, but I don't have
time to search through it all, so hopefully someone will take pity :O)

I'm working with a data set ("DATA") that has 5 columns and each week I'll
paste in new rows. I will be transferring this data into another sheet
("SUMMARY") that feeds into a comlex "snapshot" page that summarizes all the
data into a more readable format each week.

From the original data ("DATA") in the 5 columns, I'm trying to find out how
to lookup a sum of the values that match three conditions -- name (listed
vertically on summary page), date (horizontally), and EV type (vertically) --
and returns that sum on the summary ("SUMMARY") sheet.

I can imagine an IF statement that would logically go something like this:

if(DATA value = NAME and DATE and EV Type, sum(DATA value), else 0)

Obviously this isn't how Excel works, but that's how my brain thinks of it.
How can I make this happen? I've tried figuring out SUMPRODUCT and INDEX,
but can't make them make sense for my purpose...

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Now does that work with a SUMIF also?

For equivalent SUMIF, think something simple like:
= SUMIF(Condition1)+SUMIF(Condition2)+ ...
might suffice

--
Max
Singapore