Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default creating a formula on one sheet that uses results of formulas on o

I'm trying to create a worksheet that has a formula summing the results of
formulas in several other worksheets, but when I run it the result is blank.
Is there a way to use cells from other worksheets where the number in the
cell on the other sheet is the result of a formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is a three sheet example:

enter:
=Sheet1!A1+Sheet2!B13+Sheet3!A19

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200773
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Here is a three sheet example:

enter:
=Sheet1!A1+Sheet2!B13+Sheet3!A19

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200773

Thanks, Gary's Student. Unfortunately, I'd already tried doing it that way
but the answer was coming up blank and I assumed it was because the cells on
the other sheets were formulas pulling from still another sheet, rather than
fixed values. When I changed them to fixed values the new formula, structured
as you suggest, worked fine. I'd like to be able to keep the other sheets as
formulas though, so that changes in the baseline figures will effect all the
other formulas without my having to go through and make all the changes by
hand.

If the formula you show should be yielding a result even if Sheet3!A19 , for
example, represents a cell containing a formula perhaps there is a setting I
need to change?

Thanks,
Wendy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps the formulae that you refer to are returning text values
instead of numbers, eg "2" instead of 2, but we will never know until
you tell us what formulae you are using in those other cells.

Pete