Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting CF Color

Hello and thanks ahead for your help. I have a row of data that is CF
to turn red when true. Then I would like to sort this row to put
uncolored cells to the bottom of the list. I have gone to Chip Pearsons
sorting CF Colors Page and have tried ColorOfCF and ColorIndexOfCF and
allways I get #NAME?. When I enter =ColorOfCF($A$1,FALSE) into
theformula bar for B1, the Formula box pops up and shows all entries
resuls correct (no errors) but at the bottom it shows "undefined"
and the resuls show nothing (results= ), so when I click the OK
Button the cell shows "#NAME?" I've placed the codes in my Sheet1
Code Box, this is the sheet I'm using to test these codes, Only A1 has
a CF in it at this time.If I can get this to work I will enter data
thru A10 and fill down B1 to B10 and there should be numbers in these
B1:B10 cell if there is color in the corresponding cells. Right?
What am I doing Wrong? Thanks again John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

.. I've placed the codes in my Sheet1 Code Box,
this is the sheet I'm using to test these codes,

Think UDFs are supposed to go into a regular module,
not the sheet module.

Try re-installing it:
Press Alt+F11 to go to VBE
Click Insert Module
Copy n paste the UDFs into the code window on the right
Press Alt+Q to get back to excel, and try it out

(You should also remove whatever you've installed into the sheet module)
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for responing Max, I did what you said and I get numbers now but
the numbers are all the same and in all the formuls cells (B column),
even for the ones that are blank , no entry or no color cells. I'll
play with it for a while but if you or anyone has a better suggestion I
would apreciate it. John

Max wrote:

.. I've placed the codes in my Sheet1 Code Box,
this is the sheet I'm using to test these codes,

Think UDFs are supposed to go into a regular module,
not the sheet module.

Try re-installing it:
Press Alt+F11 to go to VBE
Click Insert Module
Copy n paste the UDFs into the code window on the right
Press Alt+Q to get back to excel, and try it out

(You should also remove whatever you've installed into the sheet
module) --
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Another option to play with, take away this nice sample from my archives:
http://savefile.com/files/377039
CountCellsByFillColor_Using_BobPhillips_ColorIndex _UDF.xls
(Full details inside, nicely packaged:
how to install Bob's udf, how to use it in excel, etc ..)