Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default OR function in array-entered IF function

I read to post on how to put an OR function inside and IF function. I can't
get it to work when I try to put an OR function into my array-entered IF
function.

This is what I have now:

=IF(OR('datasheet'!F1:F520="c",'datasheet!F1:F520= "1"),'datasheet!A1:E520,"")

I'd like it to only bring the A:E data over to the summary sheet if the F in
the row of the datasheet is "c" or "___"(three underscores)...however it is
moving in all my data.

Can anyone tell me where I made a mistake, or if this is just not poossible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this array formula in A1:E1, for example, on sheet1 and copy down
through row 520.
I changed the test for "1" to "___", 3 underscores as this is what you said
you want.

=IF(OR(datasheet!F1="c",datasheet!F1="___"),datash eet!A1:E1,"")

Tyro

"veggies27" wrote in message
I read to post on how to put an OR function inside and IF function. I can't
get it to work when I try to put an OR function into my array-entered IF
function.

This is what I have now:

=IF(OR('datasheet'!F1:F520="c",'datasheet!F1:F520= "1"),'datasheet!A1:E520,"")

I'd like it to only bring the A:E data over to the summary sheet if the F
in
the row of the datasheet is "c" or "___"(three underscores)...however it
is
moving in all my data.

Can anyone tell me where I made a mistake, or if this is just not
poossible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, however, the 3 underscores in the data sheet doesn't turn out a
TRUE for the formula. I switched it to "1" just to check and see if it was
the ___ that was the porblem and still nothing is carried over for the second
part of the OR statement. However, now it doesn't carry over all the data,
only the lines with "c".

"veggies27" wrote in message
I read to post on how to put an OR function inside and IF function. I can't
get it to work when I try to put an OR function into my array-entered IF
function.

This is what I have now:

=IF(OR('datasheet'!F1:F520="c",'datasheet!F1:F520= "1"),'datasheet!A1:E520,"")

I'd like it to only bring the A:E data over to the summary sheet if the F
in
the row of the datasheet is "c" or "___"(three underscores)...however it
is
moving in all my data.

Can anyone tell me where I made a mistake, or if this is just not
poossible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sorry. I just tried it again and it worked perfectly. THANK YOU!

One more fine tuning item. In the rows that contain "___" in column F, the
only column that has data is column A, the others columns in these rows pull
zeros into the summary sheet. Keeping in mind I need all the columns for the
rows with a "c" in column F, is there an easy way to make the zeros in the
rwos with a "___" in column F appear blank? I can say it in words, but I fele
like the formula would get pretty complex.

"veggies27" wrote in message
I read to post on how to put an OR function inside and IF function. I can't
get it to work when I try to put an OR function into my array-entered IF
function.

This is what I have now:

=IF(OR('datasheet'!F1:F520="c",'datasheet!F1:F520= "1"),'datasheet!A1:E520,"")

I'd like it to only bring the A:E data over to the summary sheet if the F
in
the row of the datasheet is "c" or "___"(three underscores)...however it
is
moving in all my data.

Can anyone tell me where I made a mistake, or if this is just not
poossible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have one other glitch becuase of how I use the sheet. I need the ability to
insert rows in my data sheets and have them fall into place in the summary
sheet. This worked out before since I had the same array-entered formula in
the entire 5 columns x 520 rows array in the summary sheet. I would only end
up losing the bottom rows, which I can compensate by having the same formula
in 550 rows in the data sheet and filtering out the blank rows until they are
needed when I add 30 more rows.
With the formula you suggested, when I add in a row 15 (for instance) in the
data sheet, because the formula for the summary sheet in specific for each
row, it doesn;t update the whole summart sheet, in only leaves out that new
row. The auto formulas shift and in one row it will say
=IF(OR(datasheet!F14="c",datasheet!F14="___"),data sheet!A14:E14,"")
and the next will say
=IF(OR(datasheet!F16="c",datasheet!F16="___"),data sheet!A16:E16,"")

Does this make sense?

I really appreciate your help.

"veggies27" wrote in message
I read to post on how to put an OR function inside and IF function. I can't
get it to work when I try to put an OR function into my array-entered IF
function.

This is what I have now:

=IF(OR('datasheet'!F1:F520="c",'datasheet!F1:F520= "1"),'datasheet!A1:E520,"")

I'd like it to only bring the A:E data over to the summary sheet if the F
in
the row of the datasheet is "c" or "___"(three underscores)...however it
is
moving in all my data.

Can anyone tell me where I made a mistake, or if this is just not
poossible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This array formula may work for you. This will make columns with no entry be
the empy string.

=IF(OR(datasheet!F1="c",datasheet!F1="___"),IF(dat asheet!A1:E1<"",datasheet!A1:E1,""),"")

Tyro

"veggies27" wrote in message
I read to post on how to put an OR function inside and IF function. I
can't
get it to work when I try to put an OR function into my array-entered
IF
function.

This is what I have now:

=IF(OR('datasheet'!F1:F520="c",'datasheet!F1:F520= "1"),'datasheet!A1:E520,"")

I'd like it to only bring the A:E data over to the summary sheet if
the F
in
the row of the datasheet is "c" or "___"(three underscores)...however
it
is
moving in all my data.

Can anyone tell me where I made a mistake, or if this is just not
poossible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This works great to solve that problem, however it doesn't help with the
problem of inserting rows in the middle in the datasheet. Did you have a
chance to look at that?

"veggies27" wrote in message
I read to post on how to put an OR function inside and IF function. I
can't
get it to work when I try to put an OR function into my array-entered
IF
function.

This is what I have now:

=IF(OR('datasheet'!F1:F520="c",'datasheet!F1:F520= "1"),'datasheet!A1:E520,"")

I'd like it to only bring the A:E data over to the summary sheet if
the F
in
the row of the datasheet is "c" or "___"(three underscores)...however
it
is
moving in all my data.

Can anyone tell me where I made a mistake, or if this is just not
poossible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That can be easily handled. When you insert rows in the data sheet, select
both the data and summary sheets, insert the row(s) and then on the summary
sheet, (make sure only the summary sheet is selected) copy the fomula above
the inserted row(s) to the inserted row(s).

Tyro

"veggies27" wrote in message
I read to post on how to put an OR function inside and IF function.
I can't
get it to work when I try to put an OR function into my
array-entered IF
function.

This is what I have now:

=IF(OR('datasheet'!F1:F520="c",'datasheet!F1:F520= "1"),'datasheet!A1:E520,"")

I'd like it to only bring the A:E data over to the summary sheet if
the F
in
the row of the datasheet is "c" or "___"(three
underscores)...however it
is
moving in all my data.

Can anyone tell me where I made a mistake, or if this is just not
poossible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is there any way to handle this without having to go that route? I'm setting
this up for several people to use, they will be the ones inserting rows, and
I have a feeling that they will not get that right ever.