Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default OR function in array-entered IF function

This array formula may work for you. This will make columns with no entry be
the empy string.

=IF(OR(datasheet!F1="c",datasheet!F1="___"),IF(dat asheet!A1:E1<"",datasheet!A1:E1,""),"")

Tyro

"veggies27" wrote in message
I'm sorry. I just tried it again and it worked perfectly. THANK YOU!

One more fine tuning item. In the rows that contain "___" in column F, the
only column that has data is column A, the others columns in these rows
pull
zeros into the summary sheet. Keeping in mind I need all the columns for
the
rows with a "c" in column F, is there an easy way to make the zeros in the
rwos with a "___" in column F appear blank? I can say it in words, but I
fele
like the formula would get pretty complex.

"veggies27" wrote:

Thank you, however, the 3 underscores in the data sheet doesn't turn out
TRUE for the formula. I switched it to "1" just to check and see if it
was
the ___ that was the porblem and still nothing is carried over for the
second
part of the OR statement. However, now it doesn't carry over all the
data,
only the lines with "c".

"Tyro" wrote:

Put this array formula in A1:E1, for example, on sheet1 and copy down
through row 520.
I changed the test for "1" to "___", 3 underscores as this is what you
said
you want.

=IF(OR(datasheet!F1="c",datasheet!F1="___"),datash eet!A1:E1,"")

Tyro

"veggies27" wrote in message
I read to post on how to put an OR function inside and IF function. I
can't
get it to work when I try to put an OR function into my array-entered
IF
function.

This is what I have now:

=IF(OR('datasheet'!F1:F520="c",'datasheet!F1:F520= "1"),'datasheet!A1:E520,"")

I'd like it to only bring the A:E data over to the summary sheet if
the F
in
the row of the datasheet is "c" or "___"(three underscores)...however
it
is
moving in all my data.

Can anyone tell me where I made a mistake, or if this is just not
poossible.