Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Send contents to another page

I'm trying to send the contents to another sheet without having to copy/paste
each time. Whenever something is entered into sheet 1 that row is sent to
sheet 2. I quess in the worksheet change event? Thanks in advance!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Send" means what?

Copy or Move?

The event code could do either.

To where would the data be "sent"?

To next empty row in sheet2 or overwrite the same row in sheet2 when data is
entered in a corresponding row on sheet1?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 09:28:00 -0800, Richard
wrote:

I'm trying to send the contents to another sheet without having to copy/paste
each time. Whenever something is entered into sheet 1 that row is sent to
sheet 2. I quess in the worksheet change event? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A worksheet change event sounds rather complicated. In Sheet2, why not just
put:

=Sheet1!a1

Regards,
Fred

"Richard" wrote in message
I'm trying to send the contents to another sheet without having to
copy/paste
each time. Whenever something is entered into sheet 1 that row is sent to
sheet 2. I quess in the worksheet change event? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Say I put RT-005 in sheet1 columnA cell a1 and I put a qty of 5 in sheet1
columnB cell b1. I want to be able to send those results to sheet2 starting
at row1 and each time something is added to sheet1 those results are sent to
sheet2 to the next row and so on

wrote:

I'm trying to send the contents to another sheet without having to copy/paste
each time. Whenever something is entered into sheet 1 that row is sent to
sheet 2. I quess in the worksheet change event? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You sort of provided some more details<g

"each time something is added to sheet1"..........where?

In row 1 again? Or row 2 then row 3 then row 4?

If the latter, in A1 of sheet2 enter =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Copy across to B1

Select both of those cells and drag/copy down as far as you wish.

As you fill up columns A and B on sheet1 the results will be shown on sheet2

If all your data entering is going to be in Sheet1 A1 and B1 you will need VBA

Gord

wrote:

I'm trying to send the contents to another sheet without having to copy/paste
each time. Whenever something is entered into sheet 1 that row is sent to
sheet 2. I quess in the worksheet change event? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Send or copy, either one, they are both the same. And yes it has to be
copied before it can be moved, else what are you moving? And what do you mean
by the event code. If I knew what is was and how to use it I wouldn't meed
any help with it. And as to where the data is being sent is on my post, sent
to sheet2 to the next available row!

wrote:

I'm trying to send the contents to another sheet without having to copy/paste
each time. Whenever something is entered into sheet 1 that row is sent to
sheet 2. I quess in the worksheet change event? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Send or copy, either one, they are both the same"

To quote from another post...."that is bullcrap".

You don't have to copy to send something.

Also from your original post..............

"I quess in the worksheet change event?"

Now you state

And what do you mean by the event code. If I knew what is was and how to use it I wouldn't meed
any help with it.

I won't be answering any more of your questions per your request.

Lotsa luck.

I'm sure you'll get good advice once someone knows the answer to

"each time something is added to sheet1"..........where?

In row 1 again? Or row 2 then row 3 then row 4?

Gord

wrote:

I'm trying to send the contents to another sheet without having to copy/paste
each time. Whenever something is entered into sheet 1 that row is sent to
sheet 2. I quess in the worksheet change event? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A worksheet_change event can do that using copy/paste or .value = .value
but as Gord says, no mind reading here so you have to tell us what you want.
You do NOT do yourself a favor by arguing with people like Gord who is
trying to help you. And it is considered very impolite to start another
thread on the same subject. Do you really think that does any good. If your
attitude persists you will soon find no help around here.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Richard" wrote in message
I'm trying to send the contents to another sheet without having to
copy/paste
each time. Whenever something is entered into sheet 1 that row is sent to
sheet 2. I quess in the worksheet change event? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm very aware of that, but what I've stated is very clear and I have my
answer. I'm aware that I started another thread, BY MISTAKE, I meant to add
it to my previous one. WHAT DOES ANOY ME, that you seem to be adding just as
much treads with your comments. So please everyone! Please do not reply with
an answer or any more of your comments. Thanks

"Richard" wrote in message
I'm trying to send the contents to another sheet without having to
copy/paste
each time. Whenever something is entered into sheet 1 that row is sent to
sheet 2. I quess in the worksheet change event? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I didn't say they were the same! You did.

Send could indicate "move" what what I was getting at.

This will copy............ =Sheet1!A1 entered in a cell in Sheet2

This will copy using VBA.........................

ActiveSheet.Range("A5").Resize(1, 10).Value = _
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:J1").Value

This will cut and move using VBA..............................

myRange.Cut Destination:=ActiveSheet.Range("C1")

For your purposes I am assuming you will use only A1 and B1 to enter data.

Dim rng1 As Range
Set rng1 = Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp) _
..Offset(1, 0)
On Error GoTo stoppit
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Address = "$B$1" And Target.Value < "" _
And Target.Offset(0, -1).Value < "" Then
Me.Range("$A$1:$B$1").Cut Destination:=rng1
End If
stoppit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is sheet event code. Right-click on sheet1 tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste the code into that module.

Alt + q to return to Excel window.

Enter something in A1 then enter something in B1.

Both cells will be CUT and moved to first available row on Sheet2.

Gord