Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Meeting Minutes in 2 languages

Hi! I have an Excel template to write down meeting minutes. I'd like to add
the possibility for people to choose whether to read the minute in English
or Spanish in the same sheet, not one sheet for English and another for
Spanish.
Obviously text is already written in both languages, I'm just trying to find
a smart way to display English or Spanish depending on reader's choice
(clicking a buttom, selecting from a drop down list, etc...)
Any help will be appreciated
Cheers
rlconc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You say the text is already written in both languages.

Where is this stored?

Both on the same sheet in separate ranges or co-mingled?

Provide some details and you may have a better chance of getting help.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 16:54:34 +0100, "rlconc" wrote:

Hi! I have an Excel template to write down meeting minutes. I'd like to add
the possibility for people to choose whether to read the minute in English
or Spanish in the same sheet, not one sheet for English and another for
Spanish.
Obviously text is already written in both languages, I'm just trying to find
a smart way to display English or Spanish depending on reader's choice
(clicking a buttom, selecting from a drop down list, etc...)
Any help will be appreciated
Cheers
rlconc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK, I'll try. Both possibilities, co-mingle both languages in the same cell
or having each sentence in different cells are possible, it's just a matter
of which solution is proposed. Actually, I have text in both languages
written on paper, I'm searching the best way to make a bilingual minute in
Excel.
Imagine you are reading my minute, which has one sentence in each first cell
of each row and spans through several rows.
In order to suit the best solution you can provide I can place the whole
minute in each language separately from each other or co-mingle each
sentence in both languages in its corresponding cells.
Cheers

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca escribió en el mensaje
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you don't want the two on separate sheets, how about English in Odd numbered
rows and Spanish in Even numbered rows?

A Data Validation dropdown to select English or Spanish

You could then use event code to hide the rows based on user selection of
English or Spanish.

Or have a helper column numbered 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 a whole bunch.

Then Autofilter on the 1's for English and 2's for Spanish.

Or create two Custom Views and allow user to pick the view required?

Several ways to do this.

Gord

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 21:25:30 +0100, "rlconc" wrote:

OK, I'll try. Both possibilities, co-mingle both languages in the same cell
or having each sentence in different cells are possible, it's just a matter
of which solution is proposed. Actually, I have text in both languages
written on paper, I'm searching the best way to make a bilingual minute in
Excel.
Imagine you are reading my minute, which has one sentence in each first cell
of each row and spans through several rows.
In order to suit the best solution you can provide I can place the whole
minute in each language separately from each other or co-mingle each
sentence in both languages in its corresponding cells.
Cheers

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca escribió en el mensaje
.. .
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't want user to see both languages or ask him to filter or select any
custom view, just to select his preferred language clicking on a button or
selecting on a drop down list.
I like your idea idea of odd rows in one language and even in the other, but
I don't get the way you describe.
Would you mind to attach a little file as an example?
TY

[...]

. ..
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Go to the link below you will find a very simple Auto filter form (Odd&Even
rows)
http://www.savefile.com/projects/808614339
Regards
Cimjet

"rlconc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Again
I gave you the wrong link, try this one.
http://www.savefile.com/projects/808614345