Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default different languages

Hi Folks,
I am using an up-to-date version of Excel 2003. I am looking at files with
Hindi characters in it. However, when I select the cells with Hindi text, the
contents of the box in the forumla textbox at the top has English characters
in it. So when I copy and paste the text to a Word document or something the
text that appears in the formula bar is what is pasted and not the Hindi text
that appears in the cells. When I am looking at Chinese characters though,
the value in the formula bar matches what I see in the cell and the
characters copy and paste properly as well. So basically, I think my question
is what do I need to do to make the formula bar value match the value I see
in the cells? Then it should copy and paste fine I am led to believe. I have
added all the languages necessary in MS Office Language tools in the
StartPrograms section of my XP Pro. The following are all the languages and
fonts that this happens with:

Bengali Bangala 21 February
Hindi Shivaji01
Kannada SHREE-KAN-0850