Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find double record and merge

Hi

I am using excel 2003.
I have 3 columns: ProductID, ProductName , Units Ordered.
I want to lookup double records in de column "Product ID".
Then I want to merge the double records in the column "Product ID", but he
must add the number of the record in the column Units Ordered.
Looks like this
Product ID Product Name UnitsOrdered
43301 Campylosel (20 boîtes gelose) 1
43301 Campylosel (20 boîtes gelose) 8

I must look like this
Product ID Product Name UnitsOrdered
43301 Campylosel (20 boîtes gelose) 9

Does anyone have an idea how I can do this automatically?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Chris,

Say you table was in column A, B & C and looked like this

1234 This thing 2
12324 That thing 3
1234 Another 5
43301 Campylosel (20 boîtes gelose) 1
1234 Widgets 5
43301 Campylosel (20 boîtes gelose) 8

In D1 enter wat you are looking for e.e 43301
In E1 enter the text - Campylosel (20 boîtes gelose)
In F1 the formula
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A30=D1)*(B1:B30=E1)*(C1:C30))
Will return 9

Mike