Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding more then the allowable 30!

I want to sum AM113 to AM175 I've tried the numerous ways I've found in the
answers in other posts however it always shows an answer of 0 and it doesn't
work. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. The number it is
calculating in those cells are not by any means complicated. They are all 1.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

maybe try

=SUMPRODUCT(--(AM113:AM175))

if the numbers are all text

--
---
HTH

Bob

"mndpy" wrote in message
I want to sum AM113 to AM175 I've tried the numerous ways I've found in the
answers in other posts however it always shows an answer of 0 and it
doesn't
work. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. The number it
is
calculating in those cells are not by any means complicated. They are all
1.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That worked Thanks Bob!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

maybe try

=SUMPRODUCT(--(AM113:AM175))

if the numbers are all text

--
---
HTH

Bob

"mndpy" wrote in message
I want to sum AM113 to AM175 I've tried the numerous ways I've found in the
answers in other posts however it always shows an answer of 0 and it
doesn't
work. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. The number it
is
calculating in those cells are not by any means complicated. They are all
1.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If that's the case, it means your data is text, not numbers. It will make
your life easier if you converted your data to numbers, then all functions
will work for you. To convert to numbers:

1. Put 0 in an empty cell.
2. Copy that cell.
3. Highlight your range.
4. Right click on your range, and choose Paste Special...Add
5. Delete the cell from point 1

Regards,
Fred.

"mndpy" wrote in message
That worked Thanks Bob!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

maybe try

=SUMPRODUCT(--(AM113:AM175))

if the numbers are all text

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"mndpy" wrote in message
I want to sum AM113 to AM175 I've tried the numerous ways I've found in
the
answers in other posts however it always shows an answer of 0 and it
doesn't
work. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. The number
it
is
calculating in those cells are not by any means complicated. They are
all
1.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

An empty cell equates to 0. No need to enter it.

Just copy the empty cell and PSSpecialAdd

Assuming you have formatted all to General beforehand.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:06:47 -0600, "Fred Smith" wrote:

If that's the case, it means your data is text, not numbers. It will make
your life easier if you converted your data to numbers, then all functions
will work for you. To convert to numbers:

1. Put 0 in an empty cell.
2. Copy that cell.
3. Highlight your range.
4. Right click on your range, and choose Paste Special...Add
5. Delete the cell from point 1

Regards,
Fred.

"mndpy" wrote in message