Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Largest of Two Values

I want a formula that returns the largest of two values located in different
cells. For example, A1 = $15.00, B1 = formula 1, C1 = A1+5%. For D1, I want
it to return either B1 or C1 with the criteria being if B1 is greater than
A1, then the answer is B1. If not, then the answer is C1. Any suggestions?
Thanks
--
JerryS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=MAX(B1,C1)

Returns whichever is the larger of the two.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"JerryS" wrote in message
I want a formula that returns the largest of two values located in
different
cells. For example, A1 = $15.00, B1 = formula 1, C1 = A1+5%. For D1, I
want
it to return either B1 or C1 with the criteria being if B1 is greater than
A1, then the answer is B1. If not, then the answer is C1. Any suggestions?
Thanks
--
JerryS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=LARGE(A1:A19,{1})
Change the range to suit your needs...

Regards,
Ryan--
--
RyGuy

"JerryS" wrote in message
I want a formula that returns the largest of two values located in
different
cells. For example, A1 = $15.00, B1 = formula 1, C1 = A1+5%. For D1, I
want
it to return either B1 or C1 with the criteria being if B1 is greater than
A1, then the answer is B1. If not, then the answer is C1. Any suggestions?
Thanks
--
JerryS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You added an extra reference (and had them set up for the minimum I think).
I believe you wanted to post this formula instead...

=IF(C1A1,C1,A1)

Rick

"Mike H" wrote in message
=IF(B1A1,B1,C1)

Mike

"JerryS" wrote:

I want a formula that returns the largest of two values located in
different
cells. For example, A1 = $15.00, B1 = formula 1, C1 = A1+5%. For D1, I
want
it to return either B1 or C1 with the criteria being if B1 is greater
than
A1, then the answer is B1. If not, then the answer is C1. Any
suggestions?
Thanks
--
JerryS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Okay, the only excuse for posting this formula is that it is late on a
Friday afternoon.<g

=(A1+C1+ABS(A1-C1))/2

Rick