Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jbg jbg is offline

Default Reverse ranking

My first question, once I delete row 7 how do I get what was row 8 to turn
into row 7. Should I worry about it because it may throw off my forumulas?
My second main question is how do I get a reverse ranking for lack of better
term? For example, basketball scoring high is good "regular ranking." Golf
on the
other hand scoring high is bad. I am trying to rank the last column as if
the rows were golfers and scoring high is bad and should have a high number
not a low number. I am using the =RANK(N4,$N$4:$N$34) formula. This
formula is for basketball and not golf.
I have also tried =1+COUNT($N$4:$N$34)-RANK(N4,$N$4:$N$34) but the ranking
went to 31 when I only have 27 values, it seemed to skip some numbers and I
do not know how or why.
I have tried small but it just says #N/A. The numbers I want to rank is
N4:N34. Hope I have supplied enough info for someone to help me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

once I delete row 7 how do I get what was row 8 to turn into row 7.

Excel automatically does that. If you delete row 7 Excel automatically
shifts everything up from row 8 and below so that what once was row 8 is now
the new row 7.

For a rank where lowest is best:

=RANK(N4,$N$4:$N$34,1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JBG" wrote in message
[...]

Top 10 Ranking again louiscourtney Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 July 19th 07 04:36 PM
ranking Blade370 Excel Worksheet Functions 6 February 8th 07 10:53 AM
Ranking? Saxman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 October 4th 06 04:32 PM
ranking Soz Excel Worksheet Functions 6 September 14th 05 05:55 PM
Ranking Thrava Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 February 15th 05 10:49 AM