Thrava

Default Ranking

Hello folks,

I have a list of about 350 sales reps. I like to be able
to rank them automatically based on the numbers that
appear in front of their name in column B.

These numbers are in percent with one decimal point
accuracy.

some of the reps of course have the same percent so they
need to be given the same ranking.

Example
Name percent Rank
Sharif 78.4% 1
Aljandro 66.9% 2
Flora 66.9% 2
Yusef 59% 3
John 48% 4
Anna 48% 4

What formul in the column for ranking can I use to
automate this please?

Peo Sjoblom

If there are ties for second place then there is no third place
assume the values are in B1:B6

=RANK(B1,$B$1:$B$6,)

copy down

Peo Sjoblom

"Thrava" wrote in message
Hello folks,

I have a list of about 350 sales reps. I like to be able
to rank them automatically based on the numbers that
appear in front of their name in column B.

These numbers are in percent with one decimal point
accuracy.

some of the reps of course have the same percent so they
need to be given the same ranking.

Example
Name percent Rank
Sharif 78.4% 1
Aljandro 66.9% 2
Flora 66.9% 2
Yusef 59% 3
John 48% 4
Anna 48% 4

What formul in the column for ranking can I use to
automate this please?

Thrava

Peo,
thank you for your help on this.
What do you mean there is no third place?

[...]

.

RagDyeR

Think of it in terms of prize money.

2 people tied for second equally share the combined second and third place
reward, leaving the fourth place prize money to be awarded to the next
(4th) place holder.

It wouldn't be fair if they had to split second place money, where the next
place holder would receive a larger (3rd) individual, undivided prize, even
though he came in with a lesser score then the other two.

RD