Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Getting specific number in a table

Hello guys - we have prepared a big spreadsheet for Stock Shares. In one we
have all the transaction that we do. The other sheets, are just copies of the
first one - one for each share. This way if we use filter on the names we
just have in each sheet the transactions for each share - thus can add up the
number of shares, get average value etc etc....

Now the question is : Can i somehow get the information i want using just
the sheet with all transactions and not creating a new spreadsheet each time
for a new share?

I will explain what i want in more details if someone did not understand.

A1 = Microsoft , B1 = 500, C1= $54.76, D1= Purchase
A2 = Google, B2 = 100, C1 = $100.35, D1= Purchase
A3 =Microsoft , B3, = 25, C3= $57,76, D1= Purchase
A4= Microsoft, B3 = 75, C3= $50, D1= Sale
(the actual sheet is a bit more complicated)

Is there a way to have in another cell the Total Shares of all the Microsoft
purchases? And thus if it can be done, i could get the average price and some
other things i have in mind.

Thank you very much in advance guys!!