Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date Line

Hello,

I would like to create a formula that when I open the file it recognizes the
date and moves the line to the appropriate date or week. I have see it done
before but can't find any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could do this with a HYPERLINK function, where you would take the
current date from TODAY and turn it into an appropriate row number and jump
to there.

Give some details about how your sheet is laid out if you want more advice,
i.e where are the dates or weeks you mention?

Hope this helps.

Pete

"SophiaS" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to create a formula that when I open the file it recognizes
the
date and moves the line to the appropriate date or week. I have see it
done
before but can't find any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Lets say you have dates in A1 thru A366 ( 1/1/2008 thru 12/31/2008) in
Sheet1. In the workbook code area insert the following macro:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
d = Date
For i = 1 To 366
If d = Cells(i, "A").Value Then
Cells(i, "A").Select
Exit Sub
End If
Next
End Sub

When the workbook is opened, Sheet1 is Activated and column A is searched
for a date that matches the current date. That cell is selected
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200770