Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Line Chart-EXACT End Date

This has come up several times on "tests" I have taken for jobs. I have
gotten this to work in the past by playing with the scale but I am sure there
is a better way to do it.

I want to create a line chart based on dates where the end date shows on the
axis. The data doesn't have a common denominator that makes sense so I am
stumped. If I had my choice I would use a Scatter as I can make those dates
behave but I need to do it with a Line Chart.

Have tried the Time/Scale axis as well as the Category option.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

One easy way in a line chart is to sort the worksheet data into descending
order by date. Make the line chart with a category, not time scale, axis.
Double click the axis, and on the Scale tab, choose Categories in Reverse
Order and if desired Value (Y) Axis Crosses at Maximum Category.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Joan NYC" wrote in message
This has come up several times on "tests" I have taken for jobs. I have
gotten this to work in the past by playing with the scale but I am sure
there
is a better way to do it.

I want to create a line chart based on dates where the end date shows on
the
axis. The data doesn't have a common denominator that makes sense so I am
stumped. If I had my choice I would use a Scatter as I can make those
dates
behave but I need to do it with a Line Chart.

Have tried the Time/Scale axis as well as the Category option.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Jon

I will try it