Veronica

Default How can I share a macro with other users in the network within a .

Dave Peterson

Macros live in workbooks.

If you share the workbook, you've shared the macros.

If you want a pretty interface to your macros, take a look at the way John
Walkenbach does it in his MenuMaker workbook:

ps. If you post your question in the body of the message, it won't get
truncated and you might get help quicker.

Veronica wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
Dave Unger

Dave,

Please expand on your "truncation" comment. I've been having trouble
today with my messages being truncated, accessed through Google groups.
Don't know why, hasn't happened before.

Thanks,

Dave Unger

Dave Peterson

I don't use Access, but you can see how excel truncates strings by...

1. Create a new workbook.
in A1 of sheet1, put this:
=rept("asdf ", 500)
In A2, put =len(a1)
you'll see 2500
save this workbook (but don't close it)

2. Create new workbook.
in A1 of sheet1, put a formula that points back at that A1 with
the long string
It should look something like: =[book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1
In A2, put =len(a1)
you'll see 2500.

3. Close that workbook that you created in step 1.

4. Select A1 (of the second workbook)
Hit F2|Enter (to reevalate the formula)
You'll see the string change and the length change in A2.

Same kind of thing happens using Access (but I don't speak the Access). (Yeah,
I like that phrase!)

Dave Unger wrote:

Dave,

Please expand on your "truncation" comment. I've been having trouble
today with my messages being truncated, accessed through Google groups.
Don't know why, hasn't happened before.

Thanks,

Dave Unger

--

Dave Peterson
Lady Layla

Subject headers are only allowed so many characters -- see the subject on this

If the OP would have posted the ? within the body of the message then we could
have seen the entire message

As to messages themselves being truncated -- try accessing the NG through OE or
another Newsreader rathern than Google or any other Web service. It may just be
a web interface problem

"Dave Unger" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Dave,
:
: Please expand on your "truncation" comment. I've been having trouble
: today with my messages being truncated, accessed through Google groups.
: Don't know why, hasn't happened before.
:
: Thanks,
:
: Dave Unger
:

Lady Layla

Thanks for the laugh Dave -- I needed one this am

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
[...]
: Dave Unger wrote:
:
: Dave,
:
: Please expand on your "truncation" comment. I've been having trouble
: today with my messages being truncated, accessed through Google groups.
: Don't know why, hasn't happened before.
:
: Thanks,
:
: Dave Unger
:
: --
:
: Dave Peterson

Dave Unger

Thanks Lady,

Am still on a "learning curve" using these groups, thought maybe there
was a common problem as I was having some difficulty yesterday. My
apologies for butting in on the thread.

Dave

Dave Peterson

Oops. I thought it was a followup to a different question.

It took me a bit to see the humor you saw.

(And I guess my response was completely off topic!)

Sorry <vbg,

Lady Layla wrote:

[...]

: Dave Unger wrote:
: