Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default converting dd/mm/yy to mm/dd/yyyy

I have data in excel which I suspect is in text format and which is dd/mm/yy.
I want to convert it to date format mm/dd/yyyy.
I've done this before successfully, but I don't remember how.
Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

Select the range of "text dates"

From the Excel Main Menu:
<data<text-to-columns
....Click: [Next]
....Click: [Next]
....Check: Date....DMY
....Click [Finish]

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"nicolamoore" wrote in message
I have data in excel which I suspect is in text format and which is
dd/mm/yy.
I want to convert it to date format mm/dd/yyyy.
I've done this before successfully, but I don't remember how.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yup.
Solved the problem.
Thanks.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Select the range of "text dates"

From the Excel Main Menu:
<data<text-to-columns
....Click: [Next]
....Click: [Next]
....Check: Date....DMY
....Click [Finish]

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"nicolamoore" wrote in message
I have data in excel which I suspect is in text format and which is
dd/mm/yy.
I want to convert it to date format mm/dd/yyyy.
I've done this before successfully, but I don't remember how.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're very welcome.......I'm glad I could help.
--------------------------

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Select the range of "text dates"