Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default User choice listed in cell.

I have a user fill in (2) out of (6) cells with numbers. I would like their
choice in a cell. In this case as "B, D". I can't come up with a formula

Input A A
Input B 150 B
Input C C
Input D 4.5 D
Input E E
Input F F
B, D
Thanks in advance,
Elzard.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assume the posted table is within A1:C6
Put in D1, copied down to D6:
=IF(B1="","",C1)
Then placed in say, C7:
=SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(D1&" "&D2&" "&D3&" "&D4&" "&D5&" "&D6)," ",", ")
will return the required results, eg: B, D (for the scenario posted)
--
Max
Singapore