CELL DROP DOWN MENU

Default How do I set up a drop down choice in a cell

In Excel, I want to set up a drop down arrow for a cell, in order to select
from a choice of say 5 items which would be listed. The chosen item can then
be clicked on for entry in the cell.
Andy B

Hi

Have a look at Data|Validation. This allows you to point at a list and have
the user select from it. Have a look here for some more info:

Andy

"CELL DROP DOWN MENU" <CELL DROP DOWN wrote
in message ...
In Excel, I want to set up a drop down arrow for a cell, in order to
select
from a choice of say 5 items which would be listed. The chosen item can
then
be clicked on for entry in the cell.

paul

i prefer the combo box from the forms toolbar,cos the dropdown is always
visble,not just when you navigate to the cell.They are slightly more
difficult to set up and use,but you can control different inputs with them
and even use them in reverse!
first of all you need to set up your list,i ussually put them down the
bottom or ofthe side out of the print area.You then go the the view menu
toolbars forms combobox,when you click on your sheet a large arrow box
appears which can be resized to suit and dragged to the position to
suit.Right click again and click format control.A box will appear so you can
enter your list range,choose your cell link(i ussually have the cell link
immediately below my list ,and choose the number of lines you want visible
when you click the arrow.I then use =choose or =index in the cell to be
dispayed in conjuction with the cell link,and if statements referring to the
linked cell to change outputs .Types of controls and their properties in the
help....
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Take a look at Validation in XL Help. You'll want a list.

Also check out

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html#Dropdown

In article ,