Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF Exclude Certain Cell

I would like to write a formula that sums the values in cells A1:A5 while
excluding the value in cell A3 only.

For example:

A1 = 2
A2 = 6
A3 = 6
A4 = 2
A5 = 2

The formula would return 12. If the value in A3 changes to 10, the formula
would still return 12.

Thanks again for your help. And thanks to those who helped me with my
earlier post.

--
Steph
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sat, 23 Feb 2008 08:39:01 -0800 from Steph
:
I would like to write a formula that sums the values in cells A1:A5 while
excluding the value in cell A3 only.

=sum(A1:A5)-A3

http://OakRoadSystems.com
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top posting such a bad thing?

Junior Member

Question

Hello! My question is the same with Ron's, but I would like to exclude the cell that contains the formula that calculates the average. This cell will change every week (a row down) . How can I do this?

Thank you in advance for your answer! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Rosenfeld View Post