Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell referencing

I have a workbook with 20 pages. On one page I am trying to reference
cells from other pages. Example: I want cell B2 on the Shipping page
to emulate cell C7 on the PO-1 page. I type the following command in
Shipping B2: ='PO-1'C7 however, when I hit enter, the formula
shows in Shipping B2. If I go and put a number in PO-1 C7, nothing
changes on the Shipping cell. It continues to show the formula which
I typed in. The cells are not formatted or conditionally formatted.
Are there any other possible solutions? Where would you start to
look? I appreciate your help. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You formula is wrong. It should be =PO-1!C7 Also, it appears that B2 is
formatted as text. Make sure the cell B2 is formatted as general and then
select B2 and press F2 then enter.

Tyro

wrote in message
I have a workbook with 20 pages. On one page I am trying to reference
cells from other pages. Example: I want cell B2 on the Shipping page
to emulate cell C7 on the PO-1 page. I type the following command in
Shipping B2: ='PO-1'C7 however, when I hit enter, the formula
shows in Shipping B2. If I go and put a number in PO-1 C7, nothing
changes on the Shipping cell. It continues to show the formula which
I typed in. The cells are not formatted or conditionally formatted.
Are there any other possible solutions? Where would you start to
look? I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 20, 5:25*pm, wrote:
I have a workbook with 20 pages. *On one page I am trying to reference
cells from other pages. *Example: *I want cell B2 on the Shipping page
to emulate cell C7 on the PO-1 page. *I type the following command in
Shipping B2: *='PO-1'C7 * * however, when I hit enter, the formula
shows in Shipping B2. *If I go and put a number in PO-1 C7, nothing
changes on the Shipping cell. *It continues to show the formula which
I typed in. *The cells are not formatted or conditionally formatted.
Are there any other possible solutions? *Where would you start to
look? *I appreciate your help. *Thank you.

addendum: The formula I typed in is actually ='PO-1'!C7
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, for one thing, the formula is incorrect. It should be:

='PO - 1'!C7

If that's what's showing in the cell then try this:

Select the cell in question
Goto the menu FormatCellsNumber tabGENERALOK
Press function key F2 then hit ENTER

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
I have a workbook with 20 pages. On one page I am trying to reference
cells from other pages. Example: I want cell B2 on the Shipping page
to emulate cell C7 on the PO-1 page. I type the following command in
Shipping B2: ='PO-1'C7 however, when I hit enter, the formula
shows in Shipping B2. If I go and put a number in PO-1 C7, nothing
changes on the Shipping cell. It continues to show the formula which
I typed in. The cells are not formatted or conditionally formatted.
Are there any other possible solutions? Where would you start to
look? I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote in message

I have a workbook with 20 pages. *On one page I am trying to reference
cells from other pages. *Example: *I want cell B2 on the Shipping page
to emulate cell C7 on the PO-1 page. *I type the following command in
Shipping B2: *='PO-1'C7 * * however, when I hit enter, the formula
shows in Shipping B2. *If I go and put a number in PO-1 C7, nothing
changes on the Shipping cell. *It continues to show the formula which
I typed in. *The cells are not formatted or conditionally formatted.
Are there any other possible solutions? *Where would you start to
look? *I appreciate your help. *Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you very much. That worked perfectly!!! Thanks again.
Daryl