Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default On Excel I need to enter 1/2 but it comes up with the date

I need to enter 1/2 meaning 1 or 2 in a cell but it just defaults to 01 Feb
and I cant seem to bypass this. Can anyone advise please?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
entered as 1/2, helpful excel is interpting this as a date. you will have to
enter it some way so that excel will not interpt as a date
enter an apostrophe before the 1/2 ie '1/2. excel will view this as text
use some other method. ie 1\2 or 1|2

regards
FSt1

"Dena" wrote:

I need to enter 1/2 meaning 1 or 2 in a cell but it just defaults to 01 Feb
and I cant seem to bypass this. Can anyone advise please?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter a space then 1/2
-or-
Enter a single apostrophe then 1/2
-or-
Format the cell as text then enter 1/2
-or-
If you want 1/2 recognized as a number then enter 0 space 1/2
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA