Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default networkdays function

I'm trying to use the networkdays function to return the number of working days between 2 dates which seems like the correct function however when I use 2 dates, 7 days apart, the function returns 6 rather than 5 i.e monday to friday working.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in anticipation.
Martin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What are the 2 dates your using in the formula?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Martin B" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to use the networkdays function to return the number of working days between 2 dates which seems like the correct function however when I use 2 dates, 7 days apart, the function returns 6 rather than 5 i.e monday to friday working.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in anticipation.
Martin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The function includes start and end dates in its calculation.

Start date in A1 1/1/2008

End date in A7 1/7/2008

=NETWORKDAYS(A1,A2) returns 5 for me in Excel 2003

If you add 7 days to 1/1/2008 and use 1/8/2008 you are actually calculating for
8 days and would return 6 workdays

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP