Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to ensure a macrow will save in Excel?

I have created a macro to sort and format in Excel and it works fine on my PC
but when I tried to create the same macro on someone else's PC, it wouldn't
save. Could there be something missing in her setup? If so, what is it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make sure that when you install the macro in the user's system that it goes
in a module within the workbook, not an external file like personal.xls
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200769

"Tigger59" wrote:

I have created a macro to sort and format in Excel and it works fine on my PC
but when I tried to create the same macro on someone else's PC, it wouldn't
save. Could there be something missing in her setup? If so, what is it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are creating the macro within a workbook, simply save the workbook.
If you are creating in personal.xls, create a personal xls first by simply
recording any macro to personal.xls. Excel will create it for you.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Tigger59" wrote in message
I have created a macro to sort and format in Excel and it works fine on my
PC
but when I tried to create the same macro on someone else's PC, it
wouldn't
save. Could there be something missing in her setup? If so, what is it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried that, however, the second person who responded to my macro inquiry
said the exact opposite of what you said. Now I'm confused.

Could it be something in the Excel or Microsoft Office setup that I have and
she doesn't?