Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I enter a new row every 12 rows in a very large spreadsheet

I have about 4000 rows and need a new, blank row every 12 rows.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your data is in A1:C4000
....with Row_A containing headings

Try this:
.. Insert a blank column in front of the data....In cell A1 enter: SEQ
.. Create a numeric sequence, beginning in A2, from 1 thru 4000
(or as many as you need)
.. Enter 12.1 in cell A4001...immediately below the sequential list.
.. Enter this formula in A4002: =A4001+12
.. Copy that formula down until it calculates a value larger than
the maximum sequence number (from above)
.. Select from A1 down through the last formula and across
to include all of the data.

.. From the Excel Main Menu:
<data<sort
Sort by: SEQ....Ascending

(That will insert a blank row after every 12th item)
.. Delete Col_A

Note: Adjust range references to suit your situation.

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Sarah" wrote in message
I have about 4000 rows and need a new, blank row every 12 rows.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe simpler...
In the adjoining column enter 12.1, 24.1, 36.1 in the first three cells.
Select the three cells and fill down to about 350 rows below your data.
(4000/12 =333)
Select both columns and sort by the new column.
Clear the new column.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Sarah"

I have about 4000 rows and need a new, blank row every 12 rows.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I didn't explain that very well...
In the adjoining column enter 1, 2, 3 in the first three cells.
Fill that down to the bottom of your data.
In the next 3 cells (in the new column) fill in 12.1, 24.1, 36.1 and fill down another 350 rows.
Select both columns and sort on the new column.
Jim Cone