Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macros for sorting data

I want to create a macro to sort a days late column on my spreadsheet. I
have never created a macro before and I have not been able to figure this out
from the help menu. Any help would be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Why not start by recording the steps you do when you do it manually?
1. To do that choose Tools, Macro, Record New Macro, enter a name (without
spaces), select In this Workbook as the location for the macro and then click
OK.
2. Do the steps you normally do for sorting your data.
3. Click the Stop Macro square button or choose Tools, Macro, Stop Recording.

Having said this - why bother with a macro to do sorting, in most cases you
can do this with a single click. Put your cursor in a single cell of the
column you want to sort on and press the Ascending Sort (or Descending Sort)
button. All the contiguous data will be sorted with the column your cursor
was in.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire