Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Updating a cell from a list selection

I have a supply request form that has a picklist for the user initials and
when that is selected I would like another cell to populate with the user's
email address as a link so that the receiver can simply click on it when
their items arrive and let them know they are in.

I am using the VLOOKUP command to get it to fill in the email address and it
works well but it goes in as text and not as a linked email address.

Thoughts ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

With A2 containing the UserID

This formula generates a link that creates an
email in the default email program:
B2: =IF(A2<"",HYPERLINK("mailto:"&VLOOKUP(A2,your_lis t,2,0),
"Click to email"),"")

Replace: your_list
with the actual reference to your lookup table.

Does that help?

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)