Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want to convert a formula to the actual number/verbage

For example:
I had a worksheet with lowercase verbage in several cells. I wanted to have
the verbage written in all uppercase, so I used the "Upper" formula to
convert it. But now I would like to change it to the absolute verbage rather
than a formula (Or converting a formula to the actual number in the cell) I
used to be able to do this in LOTUS, but can't remember how. I just remember
that it was as simple as hitting CTR and then another key. Not sure if it
would be the same in Excel anyway.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cell or cells you want to convert to their displayed values, copy
it/them (either click Edit/Copy from the menu or key-in Ctrl+C), and then
click Edit/PasteSpecial from the menu and select Values before clicking OK.

Rick

"Sheryll from Connecticut" <Sheryll from
wrote in message
For example:
I had a worksheet with lowercase verbage in several cells. I wanted to
have
the verbage written in all uppercase, so I used the "Upper" formula to
convert it. But now I would like to change it to the absolute verbage
rather
than a formula (Or converting a formula to the actual number in the cell)
used to be able to do this in LOTUS, but can't remember how. I just
remember
that it was as simple as hitting CTR and then another key. Not sure if it
would be the same in Excel anyway.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you mean the following:
1. Edit - Copy.