Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table and Calulated Field

In a Pivot table of mine, there is a field called StatusHeader. The
values can be Submitted, Closed Out, Paid, Reopened.

I need to create a custom calculation now called Net Closed Out, which
would be Closed Out - Reopened.

Please tell me this can be done within the pivot and I don't have to
add a column or modify the source data. ;)

Thanks,
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Brian

You can create a Calculated Item, by clicking on Status Header, and
selecting Formula from the PT Toolbar.
Create the Field Net with formula of = Closed Out - Reopened.

Once you do this however, you cannot add Status Header to more than one area
of the PT.
You could add it to the Row area or Column area but choose another field as
the item to count in the Data area

--
Regards
Roger Govier