Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KO KO is offline

Default Pivot Table Field

I have been working with a certain pivot table and data base monthly for a
couple years. One of my fields is "month" and all of a sudden one of the
months I have selected in my database is not showing up. It has shown up all
other months. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does the source data range include all the rows? Perhaps the missing
month is at the bottom of the source data range, and not included in the
pivot table source.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KO KO is offline

I haven't changed the data range in all the time I've worked with this file.
Crazy thing is, if I uncheck a certain month, the month I am missing (which
happens to be Feb 07) shows up. If I check "all" Feb 07 disappears. I'm just
stumped and have tried everything I can think of! Thanks in advance for any
other suggestions.

KO wrote:
I have been working with a certain pivot table and data base monthly for a
couple years. One of my fields is "month" and all of a sudden one of the
months I have selected in my database is not showing up. It has shown up all
other months. Any suggestions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

If you want to mail me a copy of the file, I will be happy to see if I can
resolve the problem.
to mail direct
roger at technology4u dot co dot uk
Do the obvious with the at and dots.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

KO wrote:
I have been working with a certain pivot table and data base monthly
for a
couple years. One of my fields is "month" and all of a sudden one of
the
months I have selected in my database is not showing up. It has shown
up all
other months. Any suggestions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kathie

Yes file received and message sent back.
Also sent a file which appears to have gone, Tried sending another file this
morning but it got bounced back. Will try again.

Your problem was caused by having Top 10 Months selected.
Once you got to September, (with Months from previous November present)
February didn't feature in the top 10. Deselecting any month, so there are
only 10 months, caused it to appear again.

Double click on Months filedAdvanced removing the Top 10 selection
and all will be well.

In the workbook I have sent, and the new one I am trying to send, I have
made a number of suggestions about using GetPivotData which will cut down
enormously on the amount of work you are having to do each month to prepare
your reports.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

KO wrote:
I have been working with a certain pivot table and data base monthly
for a
couple years. One of my fields is "month" and all of a sudden one of
the
months I have selected in my database is not showing up. It has
shown
up all
other months. Any suggestions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kathie

Just had a file bounced back again.
Can you email me direct using a different email address? I will then respond
and send the files back to you.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

KO wrote:
I have been working with a certain pivot table and data base monthly
for a
couple years. One of my fields is "month" and all of a sudden one of
the
months I have selected in my database is not showing up. It has
shown
up all
other months. Any suggestions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KO KO is offline

Roger, Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you - I've had some
family matters I've had to deal with, so have been away.

THANK YOU so very much for figuring out my problem! I've never even messed
w/the advanced button, so didn't even think about that. Fixed me right up! I
don't have a different email address for you to send me anything - did you
try zipping the file?

KO wrote:
I have been working with a certain pivot table and data base monthly
for a
couple years. One of my fields is "month" and all of a sudden one of
the
months I have selected in my database is not showing up. It has
shown
up all
other months. Any suggestions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kathie

Received your mail this morning with another email address for you.
I did try zipped files to the other email address but that didn't work
either.

I have sent a zipped file to your alternative email address this morning.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

KO wrote:
I have been working with a certain pivot table and data base
monthly
for a
couple years. One of my fields is "month" and all of a sudden one
of
the
months I have selected in my database is not showing up. It has
shown
up all
other months. Any suggestions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KO KO is offline

Thanks, Roger

Probably won't get to check that email address until Mon AM. Thanks again
for all your help!

Regards, Kathie

KO wrote:
I have been working with a certain pivot table and data base
monthly
for a
couple years. One of my fields is "month" and all of a sudden one
of
the
months I have selected in my database is not showing up. It has
shown
up all
other months. Any suggestions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KO KO is offline

Roger, thanks again for all your help with my pivot table and also the other
suggestions you made for my database. You have solved my problem!